Due to the pandemic, there are no more in-person gatherings at school, at work, at meetups and conferences. In the midst of all this, the Slack community is getting a lot of attention.
Slack is originally used as a community communication tool, but in recent years, there have been many Slack-only communities.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of communities for new product managers.
Startups and Product Development
- Launch (26000+): Join our community of like-minded entrepreneurs, designers, developers, & makers. #Launch is a place to collaborate, discuss new products, find work, get feedback, or even find a co-founder.
- Startup Study Group (12000+): With over 8800 members on Slack, we are the largest public Slack startup community and growing. This Medium zine will showcase some blogs from our members.
- MindTheProduct (42000+): Mind the Product is the world’s largest product management community, with regular local ProductTank meetups in over 180+ cities around the world, as well as the biggest and best training events, workshops, and conferences in the world — with annual events in London, San Francisco, Singapore, Hamburg, Manchester, and more. These are the go-to events for meeting other product managers, designers, and developers and honing your product craft.
- Product School (82000+): Founded in 2014, Product School is the global leader in Product Management training with a community of over one million product professionals. Our certificates are the most industry-recognized credentials by employers hiring product managers. All of our instructors are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon.
- Startup Chat(7800+): The global startup community, on Slack. Engage with over 6800 founders and investors from across the globe. #startup facilitates discussions, Q&A’s, AMA’s, feedback and braintrusts.
- Product Manager HQ (7000+): Community focused on product creation and development. Paid access — $25 one time entry fee
- TechMasters (12000+): Project founders and tech professionals. Place to get an advice on programming and find answers to business questions
- CreativeTribes (1400+): Startup people to share and discuss tribe-building strategies, experiences and resources. Paid access — $25 one time entry fee
- People Geeks(13000+):The PeopleGeeks Slack group is for HR , recruitment professionals, and CEOs.
- NYC Tech(9700+):NYCTech is a Slack account for the New York-based tech community.
- Creators of Product: (2700+):Creators of Product os a community of PMs, Engineers, Designers, Startup Founders & Business folks learning, sharing and discussing Product Creation.
UX and UI
・Designer Hangout (18000+): Designer Hangout is a dedicated, invite-only network of UX designers and researchers who discuss trends, give advice, share stories, uncover insights, surface opportunities, and connect in-person. As a UX practitioner, Designer Hangout is your “secret weapon” to progressing your career and accomplishing your life goals. Together, we’re creating the World’s most reliable brain trust for UX designers in a fast-paced age.
・UX Mastery (11000+):UX Mastery’s global community is curious and collaborative, with a passion for practical, insightful content and services that help with their career, their teams and their projects. They are frequent visitors to the site and value its creative content and trustworthy approach to user experience design and its wider community of connected professionals.
・Animation at Work (15000+):Animation at Work is a new A Book Apart book by Rachel Nabors all about the how and why of using animation successfully in web design.
You can find communities for new product managers here more. https://slofile.com/
Potlatch, 1–1 personalized matching and scheduling platform to connect people in communities.